Saturday, November 29, 2008

Mashed Potato Pancakes

I know I'm probably starting to sound like some kind of mashed potato freak because I talk about them quite a lot. I promise I'll stop after this, but I figure you might have some extra mashed potatoes laying around your fridge after Thanksgiving and need something to do with them. Last night I made some pancakes with my leftovers. They were tasty and went well paired up with a yummy salad (greens, toasted walnuts, cranberries, red onion and a balsamic vinaigrette) and some leftover soup. I had some corn in the same container, so I mixed it right into the pancakes. You could also make some of the gravy from yesterday's entry to pour on top.

Mashed Potato Pancakes
2 cups cold mashed potatoes
1 egg slightly beaten
1/4 c butter or vegan margarine
1/2 c flour for dredging
salt and pepper to taste
1 small onion minced (optional)

1. Mix the potatoes, onion and egg together and form into 6 lean patties or 4 fatter ones. (I didn't include the onion. I was afraid it wouldn't cook enough)
2. Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Dredge the patties on both sides in the flour.
3. Sautee in the pan, browning both sides and making sure the patties are heated through.

No comments:

The Negroni Cocktail

I'm trying to remember my first Negroni experience, but can't call to mind my initial impressions. To the best of my memory, I backe...