Sunday, December 1, 2019

Dijon Mustard Croutons


Where have these been all my life? Given my fondness for mustard, I'm not sure how I've been eating multiple times a day for this many years, and not encountered dijon croutons. These were paired with Heidi Swanson's cauliflower soup from my last post, and while they were a great combination, I anticipate these will have many uses for me and thought they deserved their own dedicated post.


Dijon Mustard Croutons
6 ounces whole wheat bread, torn into small chunks, less than 1-inch
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon fine grain salt

1. Preheat oven to 350 with a rack in the middle of the oven.
2. Put the torn bread in a large bowl.  In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Whisk the olive oil, salt and mustard into the butter. 
3, Pour the mixture over the bread. Toss well, then turn the bread onto a baking sheet.
4. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the croutons are golden and crunchy. Flip them once or twice with a spatula along the way. 

No comments:

The Negroni Cocktail

I'm trying to remember my first Negroni experience, but can't call to mind my initial impressions. To the best of my memory, I backe...