Monday, May 17, 2021

Aviation Cocktail

Finally, it is warm. Short-sleeve shirt and skirt warm. No need for another layer warm. No brisk breeze to chill you to the bone warm. The April air that was over-staying its welcome has finally bid adieu. To celebrate this, I finished up work a bit early on Friday and headed out for two forms of GT - goat therapy and gin therapy. I think my PT would agree that these are both important elements of my recovery. 

First, a grooming session with the girls. They were also quite content to be sitting in the sunshine receiving some brushing attention. While I was there, I picked some violets to be used for a garnish in the cocktails we would enjoy on Sandra's deck. An Aviation seemed like the perfect way to enhance this kind of spring day, both because gin is something I mostly associate with temps above 70F, with some exceptions, and the color reflects the massive blooming spurt happening. (I feel for those with seasonal allergies, but it is quite pretty.)

Aviation

2 oz of a London dry gin

3/4 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice

1/2 oz maraschino liqueur

1/4 oz creme de violette

1. Put all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake vigorously for at least 15 seconds.

2. Pour into a coupe or small martini glass and garnish with some pretty flowers, lemon rind, or a maraschino cherry. 

No comments:

The Negroni Cocktail

I'm trying to remember my first Negroni experience, but can't call to mind my initial impressions. To the best of my memory, I backe...