Sunday, January 13, 2013

Thai Peanut Sauce

A postcard from the MFA exhibit
Today I saw an exhibit at the Boston MFA. It showcased postcards and the important role they played in communicating and also in advertising in the early 1900s. It was a great collection and I highly recommend it.  It's fun from a graphic design and also a historical point of view. There's also a great looking show at the ICA currently: Art, Love and Politics in the 80s, and the Peabody Essex Museum has a hat exhibit going on that looks fun. So if you're looking for something to do on a winter weekend, there you go.
On a completely unrelated side note, I went to a Three Kings Party last night that included a Yankee Swap. One of the gifts was a pair of squirrel underwear. Yes, that's right. It was a very popular gift in the game. I have some things to say about this, but I think I'll just leave it alone for now. 
I've been meaning to post this recipe for Thai Peanut Sauce for some time now, and I plan to make it this week, so it reminded me. I've tried several different recipes for Thai Peanut sauce. This particular one was given to me by my friend Kathy. I've had it a few times and thought it was very good, so I think I'll stick with it. I typically use this for baking tofu, and/or putting it over soba noodles with stir-fried veggies. Kathy has stir-fried veggies in the sauce and then put them in tortillas for roll-ups, as another idea.

Thai Peanut Sauce
1/4 cup honey
1//4 cup (4 tblsp) smooth peanut butter
3 tblsp soy sauce
2 tblsp rice vinegar
2 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tblsp sesame oil
2 tspn fresh minced garlic (2 small or 1 large clove)
1 tblsp minced fresh ginger
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

Stir all together in a small bowl. That's it!

No comments:

The Negroni Cocktail

I'm trying to remember my first Negroni experience, but can't call to mind my initial impressions. To the best of my memory, I backe...