Thursday, October 8, 2020

Roasted Vegetable & Grain Bowl with Miso Sauce

For the most part, my blog should just say "read Smitten Kitchen". Here's another recipe of hers I made last night which will become part of the rotation for a weeknight meal. It's pretty flexible and the thing that brings it all together is the miso sauce. Chop some veggies and put them in the oven to roast, put a grain on the stove to cook and while those things are happening, make the sauce. When everything is cooked, assemble in a bowl. I'm not going to put the whole recipe here, just the sauce. I want to be able to access it quickly until I no longer need to refer to the recipe to make it. She also sprinkles some toasted sesame seeds on top which would be a nice touch, but I didn't have any on hand. Here's the link to the original from Smitten Kitchen:

Miso Sweet Potato and Broccoli Bowl

I made it again and put the same combination over a bed of arugula and added some chopped peanuts on top. I liked the addition of the greens. You could forgo the grain all together if you'd prefer a pure veggie bowl.


Miso Sauce

2 tablespoons white miso

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 tablespoons sesame oil

2 tablespoons tahini or a nut butter (I have used almond butter when I didn't have tahini)

1 small clove garlic, minced (note to me - don't be heavy-handed on the garlic)

1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger 

1 tablespoon honey

1/4 cup rice wine vinegar 

1. Put in a large bowl and blend with an immersion blender, or put in a blender and blend until smooth. (I added a tiny bit of hot water from the grains I was cooking too to help break down the miso and nut butter.) 


No comments:

The Negroni Cocktail

I'm trying to remember my first Negroni experience, but can't call to mind my initial impressions. To the best of my memory, I backe...